Helpful hints for those of you who are new to selling your work.
1. Take the time to figure out a suggested retail price, and a wholesale price. The wholesale price should be 50% of the retail price. As a consignment store we pay out 65%of the sale to the artist. Try to keep pricing uniform whether it be at other stores or craft shows. We have found that your sales will remain consistently higher if you stay constant in your pricing.
2. Supply the retail location with a floor model. This does not apply to everyone. However it is better that customers have one example to touch, rather than touching them all. The general public has very little respect for items they have not purchased.
3. You should submit an inventory and price list with your work. ArtWorks hand picks all work, if some of the work you bring in is not right for us at the time we will simply cross it off of your inventory list.
AGREEMENT- 1. The artists work will remain on consignment with ArtWorks for a minimum of 30 days. At the end of 30 days ArtWorks reserves the right to either a) keep the artist’s unsold merchandise on consignment or b) return any unsold merchandise to the artist. After the consignment period all unsold merchandise is to be picked up by the consignor. Any merchandise left with us for longer than one year without contact from the artist will be donated to various events.
2. ArtWorks reserves the right to remove work for any reason. Artists may remove artwork with an approved, one week notice. Artists may NOT remove work for the purpose of working an outside event with the intent of returning items to the store. **YOU MAY NOT PULL INVENTORY FOR SHOWS!!**
3. Payment will be made available to the artist after the 5th of each month. ArtWorks will not mail checks if you live in the Kenosha area. Local consignors must pick up their checks as we welcome the opportunity to see you, and appreciate your involvement. You will receive a list of what has sold by the 5th of each month, along with your payment. Requests for updates on your account after the 10th of each month will be addressed via email.
4. ArtWorks will do it’s best to promote, display and sell your work. You as the artist agree to keep ArtWorks supplied with artwork. To sum it up, you will not get paid unless we have items to sell! Please take as much pride in keeping with inventory and stocking us with your work as we do in selling it.
5. ArtWorks agrees to pay the consignor 50% of the wholesale price listed on the inventory sheet in the event an item is stolen or damaged. In other words if an item is stolen or damaged we’ll split your cost with you.
6. ArtWorks will not provide insurance for any artwork regardless of price or nature of work. Insurance is the sole responsibility of the artist.
7. Just as we would not bring on another artist to directly compete with your merchandise, we ask that you do not sell like products at stores within a 3 mile radius of ArtWorks. That may mean you come up with products that are exclusive to the ArtWorks, while selling other merchandise at neighboring businesses. We are proud to have your work accompany and compliment the works of so many fantastic, local, and independent artists we love. ArtWorks is growing and changing everyday and we are excited that you have chosen to join us. If you would like to consign with us, please submit the form below. Applications are reviewed seasonally. Please be patient as we curate our consignors each season.